Tuesday 1 June 2021

Nourishment

I’m not getting out of here until I come up with something written. And where am I? That’s my business. I could stop now, and yes, that would be something written, but it wouldn’t exactly be something to be proud of. I can’t imagine too many readers would go away feeling enriched by the whole experience. “My mind and soul have been nourished. I can now move on with the rest of my day.” It’s doubtful anyone would be coming out with those kind of words. Though, maybe, who knows, someone might come out with them, out of the kindness of their heart, but even there deep down they could hardly believe in the nourishment. And, for all their efforts, all that instead might in the long run even breed cynicism in such a person: “Does he really think it’s worth my time reading that kind of rubbish!?” It’s maybe not voiced, but it’s bound to be down there somewhere covered over in the depths. 
But anyway, there’s things to do, and so, whatever kind of nourishment this all is, here it is, written. 

No comments: