Sunday 10 January 2021

Dipping In

 Okay, another post focused on the random opening of a book, again the same book as last time, Dostoevsky’s ‘Demons’, alternatively translated as ‘The Possessed’, and we will see what ensues. I think I can sense everyone’s excitement as the moment draws near. Maybe the extract that I fall on is too boring to post, maybe something is worth posting but is subsequently censored by our lovable lords and masters of the virtual realms for implying some seditious sentiment detrimental to the public health, who knows, anything could happen and it probably will. Well no, let’s not exaggerate, the scope of what could happen probably isn’t all that wide.

 Remember I don’t simply in some offhand manner open the book. No, I focus myself and then I open it. There mightn’t be much discernible difference to the casual observer, but in the internal there is a world of difference, and the internal is after all the true kingdom. Come to think of it that might be enough to get me censored. It’s certainly seditious. I apologise to the censors who after all are only protecting us against thinking for ourselves, which could only lead to harm. They have our backs and our search histories. They are wonderful people.

Anyway we’re losing sight of the supposed point to all this. Dostoevsky, Demons, focusing, dipping in ... 

“There are things, Varvara Petrovna, of which it is not only impossible to speak intelligently, but of which it is not intelligent even to begin speaking.”

I promise that really was an act just as described, in the moment, and amazingly it seems to tie in beautifully to the theme of censoring touched on above. We should be very cautious about what we permit ourselves to talk about. It is probably unintelligent to even speak on the subject of censoring. Who do we think we are after all?

No comments: