Sunday 3 January 2021

Briefly

 I’ll write briefly. Why briefly? Because of the limited time available. But is time really limited, there seems to be loads of it. Well yes there is, but I was more referring to my time available in the present, that’s limited. I’m not sure how much I’d believe that - my limited available time - but anyway. I suppose it serves a purpose, this short theoretical duration within which the writing happens, let’s say however long it takes to consume a mug of coffee without that coffee becoming too cold and the pleasure of it evaporating along with the lost heat ... It sets limits and puts some kind of shape on things that might otherwise become shapeless, and instead of inertia and shapelessness and maybe even nothingness out pours whatever. Admittedly this here having said all that might be all pretty shapeless but at least it is brief.

No comments: