Saturday 8 January 2022

Ways

“If you had two ways open to you and one was the right way and one was the wrong way, which one would you choose?”
“The right one obviously. I’d hardly choose the wrong one.”
“But if you had no way of knowing which was the right one and which was the wrong one, which would you choose then?”
“How am I supposed to answer that?!”
“I’m just asking which one would you choose.”
“But I’d have no way of knowing which way was right or which way was wrong?”
“No.”
“I suppose I’d just have to have a guess and hope for the best.”
“Is that the best you could come up with?”
“Under the circumstances, probably yeah.”
“And what if there was a bear on the wrong way?”
“A bear?”
“Yeah, a big bear.”
“Well, I’d just have to hope I picked the way without the bear.”
“And what if there was another bear on the right way?”
“Another bear?! How could it be the right way so?!”
“Well it would still be the right way, but there’d happen to be a bear there too.”
“Did you think this stuff through before you started asking me about it?”
“No, I’m just coming up with it spontaneously as we go along.”
“Look I’m going to have to head off now. Maybe we can come back to this later.”
“All right so.”


No comments: