Friday 24 December 2021

Parameters

What are the parameters of oneself? What do I mean “the parameters of oneself”? I don’t really know. I just came out with it as I thought it sounded good. The parameters of oneself … Where I end and everything else begins, I suppose. Those are the parameters. My mind, that’s my private self. So I hear something from beyond my parameters, and then for example if say it, this sound is human language I then transform, interpret it into its inner intellectual substance, and then I perhaps evaluate this substance and come into agreement or disagreement with it and act accordingly, re-engaging again with that world beyond my parameters.

 Those parameters I have to say seem quite porous. I see something external but where do I perform the seeing - in my mind within my parameters. Same with hearing. And other people with their individual unseen consciousnesses, witness me and I, in some sense, unwittingly and innocently invade their parameters. Other people mightn’t be so innocent with their invading. They might invade these parameters intentionally and not innocently. They don’t recognise they’re stepping into sacred ground - whatever about how porous the parameters are, it’s still sacred, this inner ground - they might even want to colonise this private inner property. One should maybe have guard dogs, in some sense or other, and hunt them off. Don’t let them step across. Of course these parameters aren’t so fixed but all the more reason then for not letting anyone or anything either come wandering in with their dirty boots. But on the other hand this pure privacy beyond these fixed parameters is a myth also - I create it with my own thought - so you can’t be worried and obsessed about keeping everyone out either.

No comments: