Thursday 4 March 2021

Own Nothing

 “You know what I’d really like?”
“What?”
“To own nothing and be happy.”
“Well you’re in luck. There’s people out there promising us just that if we follow them. They call it The Great Reset.”
“Wow, this is exciting. And they’re able to show how they own nothing themselves and yet are happy?This is fantastic.”
“Well no, they don’t exactly own nothing themselves. These people telling us about this tend to be kind of fabulously wealthy, so it’s more about us than them owning nothing.”
“Right. But they will give up all their wealth when the time is right so we’re all in this together?”
“I don’t think so, no. Again I think it’s more about us owning nothing than them owning nothing. They’ve just come up with the idea. We’re more the ones who’ll carry it out.”
“Right. Right. Something about that, I have to admit, makes me slightly uneasy. I can’t put my finger on it though and it’s probably nothing to worry about, whatever it is. And anyway they do say we’ll be happy.”
“Yes, that’s the main thing.”

No comments: