Friday 5 March 2021

If I Didn’t

If I didn’t write this, someone else would have to.
Why would they have to? I don’t know, maybe they wouldn’t. ... But I should at least I suppose have the decency to make some kind of argument in favour of the claim, especially seeing as I was the one to have made it in the first place. It’s hardly fair to abandon it just like that. 
It is for some fateful reason too important a line not to be written, and so this is why in the event of its absence, not for whatever reasons having found an author in myself, someone else would have to step in and actualise the line. And then having done so, actualised it, the future, now inclusive of that line, could proceed. A key has been turned in the lock of being.
I’m not sure how much I’d go along with any of that but I did in fairness have to come up with something. But surely, you might say, I could have come up with something a bit more humble. 

No comments: