Wednesday 8 September 2021

Pass

“Hi, we’ve a table booked for four for Donaldson.”
“Yes of course. May I see your vaccine passes, please? Yes, yes, that’s fine, yes, yes, yes, emm . . . sorry madam, I’m afraid I cannot allow you in.”
“Why not!?”
“I’m afraid your vaccine passport has expired since last Thursday. You understand I’m obliged to notify the authorities about this?”
“Yes, yes, of course. Oh this is so embarrassing! What will people think?! I forgot about my booster shot appointment!”
And there were in truth some quite hostile and even maliciously triumphant looks arrowing in her direction from other diners. Just because she’s so we’ll off she considered herself above the rest of us? Unvaccinated bitch. She could have got us all killed. They should put her away in one of those camps with the rest of them.

No comments: