Thursday 13 May 2021

Subversion

As an experiment in something, I’m writing this with my eyes closed. For the sake of legibility and literacy though, I will afterwards correct any mistakes with my eyes open. I presume some readers, regardless even perhaps of gender, or maybe even race, are finding this all very exciting - “Oh my goodness, I don’t know if anything like this has ever been done before!”
I would like to say I share in your excitement, but to be honest that would probably be something of an exaggeration. I won’t pretend I’m exactly being swept away by the thrill of it all, though it may be yes, for all I know, something of a landmark in terms of literature. “Yes, of course it is! Though mightn’t it be better if you didn’t correct the mistakes afterwards with your open eyes?” Possibly, who knows. Maybe it really would be more fascinating if for instance the word intended to be “though” instead came out and remained as “thigh.” Maybe thus all kinds of subconscious thoughts and wonders might incarnate themselves, subverting the enslaved pathways of the conscious mind, and thus shake the very foundations. But anyway, instead of all that you’re going to just read it like this.

No comments: