Saturday 28 July 2007

Absolute Truth

I scornfully reject all artifice & place myself as a living centre of truth- moral, psychological, scientific & any other fucking kind you can think of, in this degraded cess-pit of lies & delusion. My task is to write wholly devoid of falsehood; to cast unreality into the void of its own filthy nothingness. And so my endeavour is to write wholly in the Now with total fidelity to the present moment exactly as it is.
I sit here in front of a computer screen...no, that won't do. I actually sit here in front of a page, my consciousness bleeding ink in strange symbolic emanation of itself. But I see I'm in trouble here because, yes, at this moment I am actually in front of a computer screen simply transcribing the previous present moment manifestations in a very different present moment. And the present moment of the hypothetical reader reading of this present moment is also a very different present moment, & this ghastly creature who gnaws at my innards will brazenly attest: "He claims to sit writing now but this now is no more...Time doth make a liar of him." This is more difficult than I'd imagined.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how splendid!

Andrew said...

Cheers. And the Steiner book is excellent. The first draft was a bit of a rushed job, btw, so tis a bit edited & hopefully improved now.

Jonathan said...

yeah, unfortunately words cant make time stop, try as they may

Andrew said...

As Blake wrote, "He who binds to himelf a joy
Doth the winged life destroy."

Though I'm not quite sure whether that's apposite or not.