Wednesday 26 October 2022

College

It’s almost embarrassing having to be the conduit for some reason or other for so much music news, but anyway here’s some more music news, this time emerging from the bowels of the academic world, with the spawning of a new group calling themselves The College Students. They apparently are ticking all the right boxes with all the right people, and are even said, whisper it, to possibly be set for stardom, especially if they continue to put in the hours on their dance routines, which are as yet considered “explicit but a bit wooden”.

 Their first song is called Indoctrinate Me Baby (All Night Long). Its lyrics advance the notion that complete unquestioning servility beneath the wheels and machinery of an emerging totalitarian world state is the path to freedom and erotic bliss.

I don’t have a thought in my head
Except for what you’ve put in there
So indoctrinate me baby
All night long
It’s what you do best
It gives my head rest
I feel really blessed
Cos otherwise I wouldn’t have a fucking clue what’s going on.

 Just to add, it is yet to be confirmed whether that slightly surprising final line is legitimate or not. 

No comments: