Monday 28 December 2020

Precision

I wish this were finished already. But I’ve only just started it! Yes but how much effort will it take to get to the end? Well I could just stop here now and it won’t have taken much. That’s true but why start writing at all if you’re only trying to get to the end as fast as you can. There should be something more exalted going on surely like, I don’t know, precision of thought about something important or maybe something being relevant to something else. Precision of thought? I’m not sure I’ve cared much about that before - not that I should be proud of the fact. Who knows though, maybe there’s armies of people out there precisely proud of such things: “My lack of precision of thought is my greatest virtue.” Let me know if you’ve ever heard anyone come out with that. Admittedly it’s probably pretty doubtful anyone has ever come out with it, out loud anyway, but maybe they do think it in private. “This lack of precision affords me great mobility of movement in various directions.” They might even continue along those lines. “I am not bogged down to an entrenched position.” Why precisely precision of thought should lead to being bogged down in entrenched positions is maybe debatable, but then again, maybe yes, if the spirit on that front is a bit excessive, it could lead to all sorts of such things. 

No comments: