Wednesday 16 December 2020

Fulcrum

 In this age of whatever it is unfolding rapidly into whatever it will be, it is perhaps my role to be a centre point, a fulcrum of stability around which all else revolves. Unlikely though. That it would be very fine though is something even the most sceptical of us must surely admit - though perhaps out of some perversity, some need for self-assertion, some wouldn’t admit it. Admitting it or not though there would be the world revolving, in harmony, in tumult and everything in between, and there at the centre me, a calmness preventing as it were chaos. Maybe someone else though would be better suited to the role, someone for whom all that calmness might be more natural and who after a while wouldn’t get bored. Maybe I’d be better out amidst the tumult, engendering it even, and the tension between the likes of me out at the edge and this great calm at the centre would be some great force, in balance and yet always in extension, dynamic and not destructive. And just to say I wouldn’t be one of those snarling idiots out there just destroying things thinking I was doing something wonderful. I’m not quite sure what I’d be doing but I’m sure it’d be more in the lines of construction than destruction. But it’s all the same isn’t it at the end of the day? No, it’s not.

It’s amazing where you end up after pushing out a few words into nothingness and then follow along in their wake so to speak. The boundaries of the real have been stretched.

No comments: