Saturday 15 December 2007

Another Literary Breakthrough

Devoted as my every waking moment is to literary experimentation- an activity which causes me no pride, it being no more heroic than a fireman rescuing the infirm and elderly from a flame engulfed building- I have another boundary pushing idea whose execution I am pursuing with full intellectual diligence.
I have decided for a new fictional work to abandon words altogether, they being the relics of a bygone age of shallow certainty shameful to the modern intellect. It will be a 150 page work or thereabouts, which I will title A Notebook. The technical problem causing me most difficulty is whether the pages of this book should be lined or blank.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

If no words, what then...

doodlings or just nothing..

If nothing what is conveyed?

What, indeed, is the nature of non-verbal communication as opposed to the verbal.

What exactly does a fine dancer impart than words cannot?

where in ireland r u from (if its no secret)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of the purity of absolutely nothing, within which everything will be contained and conveyed to the alert reader.

I'm afraid it is beyond me to answer what it is the non-verbal communicates as opposed to the verbal, for self-explanatory reasons.

I'm from the the south of the country, in county Cork, currently Kinsale.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.