Friday 27 June 2008

The Art of Reading

I must say, when I read, as I do when placed at the right angle before a book, I don't so much read as the lazy reader does, but deconstruct the book into its strategic components of significance, using a Marxist guide as a social-realist lens to defract the distorted rays of the writer's imagination into the light of real-world truth. Thus is literature raised to the art of usefulness, and a stepping stone to the future of socially enlightened mutual actuality, and indeed socially enlightened mutual activity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody should have a few highly self-conscious readers like you! It's almost like you believe SOMEONE is watching you, as you read with such deliberation. Incredible! I wish I had a reader like you.

Jonathan said...

You are being ironic, i trust?

Andrew said...

I am.