Wednesday 14 May 2008

The Professional

"I'm a philosopher."
"Are you? And what does that mean?"
"Well, I'm someone who thinks alot about reality."
"Oh, you mean like a human being? I didn't realise there was a separate word for this. Or is there a biological difference between a human and a philosopher?"
"Well, the kind of people you're talking about are just amateur philosophers. They're not the real thing. I'm someone who thinks about reality professionally."
"I see. A philosopher is someone who turns the thoughts in his head into money. An alchemist whose base matter is words."
"Emm...I suppose you could say that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm a blogger."
"Are you? And what does that mean?"
"Well, I'm someone who talks alot about reality."
"Oh, you mean like a human being? I didn't realise there was a separate word for this. Or is there a biological difference between a human and a blogger?"
"Well, the kind of people you're talking about are just amateur philosophers. They're not the real thing. I'm someone who talks about reality self-importantly."
"I see. A blogger is someone who turns the thoughts in his head into bullshit. An alchemist whose base matter is drivel."
"Emm...I suppose you could say that."

Andrew said...

Since imitation is said to be the highest form of flattery, I'll take that as the highest of compliments. ALways good to give people a leg up into the ways of creativity, many not being capable of such excursions into imaginative thought unaided. So again, thanks for that.