Wednesday, 14 May 2008

The Professional

"I'm a philosopher."
"Are you? And what does that mean?"
"Well, I'm someone who thinks alot about reality."
"Oh, you mean like a human being? I didn't realise there was a separate word for this. Or is there a biological difference between a human and a philosopher?"
"Well, the kind of people you're talking about are just amateur philosophers. They're not the real thing. I'm someone who thinks about reality professionally."
"I see. A philosopher is someone who turns the thoughts in his head into money. An alchemist whose base matter is words."
"Emm...I suppose you could say that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm a blogger."
"Are you? And what does that mean?"
"Well, I'm someone who talks alot about reality."
"Oh, you mean like a human being? I didn't realise there was a separate word for this. Or is there a biological difference between a human and a blogger?"
"Well, the kind of people you're talking about are just amateur philosophers. They're not the real thing. I'm someone who talks about reality self-importantly."
"I see. A blogger is someone who turns the thoughts in his head into bullshit. An alchemist whose base matter is drivel."
"Emm...I suppose you could say that."

Andrew K said...

Since imitation is said to be the highest form of flattery, I'll take that as the highest of compliments. ALways good to give people a leg up into the ways of creativity, many not being capable of such excursions into imaginative thought unaided. So again, thanks for that.