Thursday 31 August 2023

When I Ran For President



I took this screenshot from somewhere recently of a Twitter post by Karine Jean-Pierre, the White House Press Secretary, in which she reminds her readers of some great promise she made when she ran for President. It seems that after ALX responded with “Wrong account bro”, she deleted the tweet. I presume, as is her most sacred and sane right,  she was identifying as the President when she wrote it, but then perhaps the feeling of identification left her after ALX’s somewhat cruel response. 

“But she’s a black woman! How could she seriously imagine herself to be Joe Biden?! He’s white, a man, and the President. She’s none of these things!”
That’s just the kind of fascist response I’ve come to expect from some quarters these days.

Anyway, if to go a bit deeper into ALX’s theory that she actually meant to post this to the Twitter account of the President - which, let’s admit it, is plausible - I hope that sharp and honest individual, Mr Biden, realises the security of his Twitter account may be compromised. This Jean-Pierre person could be writing any kind of stuff, and he wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on. “Did I really write all this? It doesn’t ring any bells. Maybe I’ve got dementia and that’s why I don’t remember any of it. I better see a doctor.”

No comments: