Thursday 22 November 2007

Desperate Horseshite

Idea for tv programme with good-looking cardboard people wheeled around from scene to scene delivering lines of fascinating candour. Called- yes you've guessed- Desperate Horseshite.
I've a feeling this may be a parody of something I haven't ever looked at, and could be accused so of not being fair and unfairly judgemental towards this something I haven't looked at, but this accusation would be scornfully dismissed due to the inevitablity of this something I haven't looked at being desperate horseshite. And so there is no need for me to view said desperate horseshite, as this viewing would merely, and infallibly, lead to the desperate horseshite being desperate horseshite conclusion already realised, though without having suffered the pointless penance of watching desperate horseshite just so as to know that desperate horseshite is indeed desperate horseshite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely an idea that will remain exactly where it is, an idea.

Neil Forsyth said...

Horseshite, indeed. You've seen it, Andrew. Don't be telling fibs. It's nothing to be ashamed of. We have all absentmindedly watched execrable fluff on the box from time to time. You may have even enjoyed it for a few minutes, before slapping your forehead, running from the room in a state of high anxiety and immediately rereading Brave New World and the first half of the Genealogy of Morals for good measure.

Andrew said...

You're probably right, Lloyd. I doubt anyone will give me the funding my idea warrants.

You're kind of right, Neil, but two consecutive minutes is about as much as I have seen, though I stoutly avow that there was no enjoyment thereof.

Anonymous said...

I once got an a 7 hour plane flight from America, and found myself sitting next to a young girl. when she said her favourite TV programme was desperate housewives my heart sank.

Andrew said...

Keeping in the reins of politeness in such a situation is a difficult one. Though I only now see the full import...that it was a young girl.
"My mother groaned, my father wept
Into this dangerous world I leapt."
W Blake