Wednesday 16 July 2008

Interview

You've written many books.
Yes.
Quite a few in fact.
Yes.
What is it you like about books?
The marriage of form and content.
Could you mention some of your favourite books?
Death in Stilletos and Countdown to Terror.
Two of your own of course.
Yes.
Any others?
The Hungry Cannibal.
Another one of your own. Excellent. And you've a new book coming out next month.
Yes.
Called?
Love in Autumn.
Any advice for young writers?
Know your verbs.
Thank you, you've been a great interviewee.
Any time.

4 comments:

Tony Francis said...

I think, therefore I am. I know verbs, therefore I write.

Andrew said...

One can never know too many verbs. Except when it becomes confusing.

Neil Forsyth said...

What is your favourite verb, Andrew?

Andrew said...

Confusing, Neil. Though I admit I haven't come to that conclusion in an especially scientific maner.