Saturday 10 July 2010

Gen. Mattis

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

- Gen. James Mattis, new commander of U.S. Central Command

I think psychotic is the word, and bounteously armed with the means of incarnating his and others' psychosis. Killing human beings is a hell of a lot of fun; you just have to find the right ones to kill. And it seems anywhere the women wear veils the men as an undifferentiated whole can be distinguished as those ripe for the killing. Generally I would imagine people who regard the shooting of people as a hell of a lot of fun aren't too intellectually rigorous in their notions of who precisely are these men without manhood who it's a hell of a lot of fun to kill. The 21st Century British-Anerican Liberation Tour: Bringing Democracy to a Country Probably Quite a Long Way Away From You.
[Quote courtesy of very interesting site wood s lot]

4 comments:

Tom C said...

Well said - I think back to the Blair years and am appalled at how anyone even thought he was telling the truth- I never believed a word he said about foreign affairs.

Andrew said...

I kind of can't believe my past self but probably through not familiarising myself with the likes of Blair properly at the time, it was he who made me very confused about the Iraq attacks. Bush & the gang were obviously crooked to the core but I was a bit confused as to why Blair was hand in glove. Naivety - singing from the same song-sheet.

Tom C said...

I am really a pacifist, or would be, if I really thought I would have been pacifist through WW2. The point is anyway, at very least only fight aggressors and don't be one yourself

Andrew said...

I'd go along strongly with Jefferson's words about the truths behind war-makers:

"We no more believe in Bonaparte's fighting merely for the liberty of the seas, than in Great Britain's fighting for the liberties of mankind. The object of both is the same; to draw to themselves the power, the wealth and resources of other nations."

Lifted from this long piece I wrote a while back

http://wwwinabstentia-andrewk.blogspot.com/2008/12/liberalism-conservatism-democracy_10.html